NEVER EVER CUT OR SPLIT HAIR EXTENSION WEFTS: This is the number one cause of hair extension weft shedding. Where it may be necessary to cut due to hair style, ask your stylist to secure the weft where it has been cut by sewing or gluing.
- Wash and condition using quality branded shampoo and conditioners. We recommend you use mild shampoos and conditioners, preferably sulphate-free and silicon-free hair care products.
- Avoid using oil sheen or oil sprays.
- Use a wide toothed comb before using a brush. This will reduce shedding and stretching that occurs using brushes.
- Brush gently with a paddle brush not more than 3 times a day.
- Use a soft bristle brush to polish the hair after it has been combed or paddle brushed to avoid losing to many strands.
Hair Washing Instructions
Use conditioner instead of shampoo and wash your hair in a downward motion, working conditioner from the top down in one motion. Rinse well and then style. Do not forget to deep condition. To keep you hair in tip-top shape, use a deep conditioner or hot oil treatment in your hair twice a month, more or less, depending on the hairs need. This is very important if you have chemically treated the hair or use irons.
Recommended Hair Care Products
- JOHN FREIDA Frizz Ease Hair Serum for straight and wavy hair extensions.
- GARNIER Fructus Sleek & Shine (anti-frizz serum)
- The complete CURLS range including Shampoo, Whipped cream and Souffle for curly hair.
Using the wrong maintenance products on your hair extensions WILL result in dry, dull, tangled, damaged and unmanageable hair extensions. If you take care of your Brazilian, Indian Remy and Peruvian hair extensions, wig or weave they will look great for years.
Please contact us if you need further information.